Things I love about Phantom:
I love entering the auditorium and immediately feeling I’m a part of the show, with the sets surrounding me, with the Phantom lurking in the shadows.
I love seeing the chandelier sitting there, covered up, and eventually come to life, rise over my head, to thunderous music, and how the sceneries keep changing seamlessly in front of my eyes, throughout the whole show.
I love that throughout the show the sets continues to surround me, the satyrs and the nymphs look down at where I sit, the Phantom’s voice is behind me, and I can feel the show in every fibre of my body.
I love the moment Christine gets all alone on stage, singing her heart out, in one of the most spectacular costumes I know of.
I love how a scene where one would usually focus 100% on the leads has gotten a sequence of utter beauty, of the ballerinas recreating figures from Degas’ paintings, gliding in the shadows, without really stealing any focus, but adding the perfect moody atmosphere.
I love that though the Phantom is on stage something like 25 minutes, he’s so darn present, and the chemistry between the character of the Phantom and the character of Christine is so electric and yet so fragile.
I love the chandelier. I really do.
I love the golden angel. I cannot stop staring at it at times. The same goes for the whole proscenium. It’s so beautifully sculpted, I love how the eyes sometimes lit up in the sculptures, making them look downright evil, and then going back to being beautiful. I love that the sculptures wears actual jewelry. The proscenium is the ultimate experience for me, it’s what underlines what the show is really about.
I love how we see Christine’s character grow tremendously throughout the show. She goes from a lost and bewildered girl to a woman finding her way in life, a woman of compassion, sensuality and talent. In the end she controls her own destiny. I have immense respect for that transformation.
I love Phantom of the Opera.
- isisfalconer likes this
- peterpandaexpress likes this
- kirstykrk reblogged this from fuckyeahphantomoftheopera
- kirstykrk likes this
- jensenskoukla likes this
- lightningkitsune likes this
- eveningrun reblogged this from biscuit-bra
- eveningrun likes this
- biscuit-bra reblogged this from fuckyeahphantomoftheopera
- biscuit-bra likes this
- wheresthethumbthumb reblogged this from ezekial777
- wheresthethumbthumb likes this
- interdimensionalcats reblogged this from ezekial777
- ezekial777 reblogged this from operafantomet
- kimasnyderr likes this
- shonashee likes this
- riverpearl likes this
- believe-in-the-dark reblogged this from sphinxscribe
- mrboddydidit reblogged this from theobjectofdesirex
- theobjectofdesirex reblogged this from craving-a-safe-haven
- craving-a-safe-haven reblogged this from fuckyeahphantomoftheopera
- boofiefromnarnia reblogged this from operafantomet
- sphinxscribe reblogged this from fuckyeahphantomoftheopera
- drderlecterble reblogged this from drhanniballecter
- sosocraycray likes this
- bean4cow reblogged this from jman3454
- bean4cow likes this
- jman3454 reblogged this from operafantomet and added:
- jman3454 likes this
- cerebrallawlzy likes this
- sassymouth1426 reblogged this from operafantomet
- sassymouth1426 likes this
- blue-as-the-languid-skies reblogged this from fuckyeahphantomoftheopera
- hauntedhotdog likes this
- wholock-xing likes this
- maireadhhs reblogged this from fuckyeahphantomoftheopera
- my-my-look-at-the-gaim reblogged this from rin-chan-san-senpai
- rin-chan-san-senpai reblogged this from fuckyeahphantomoftheopera
- rin-chan-san-senpai likes this
- broadwaybabe14 reblogged this from fuckyeahphantomoftheopera
- broadwaybabe14 likes this
- sashaisa likes this
- the-spy-girl-who-waited reblogged this from fuckyeahphantomoftheopera
- the-spy-girl-who-waited likes this
- whale-of-a-tale-mltt-98 likes this
- re-or2 reblogged this from fuckyeahphantomoftheopera
- fucksociedad likes this
- shiel-ded likes this
- shiel-ded reblogged this from fuckyeahphantomoftheopera