The Green Lady
"This fancy dress costume, worn for the New Year Masquerade Ball at the Opera, is a playful female version of an 18th century men’s frockcoat. On stage a domino mask of gold satin and black lace hides the face, and a green and black hat with stiffened net is worn perched on a dark wig. Black lace tights and black boots finish the look."
-I’m amazed by how similar no. 2 (Hamburg) is to the costume design.
-Is this costume not worn in the US? I don’t think I’ve ever seen a photo of a US version of it. Or maybe my memory is poor.
-Birgit Lyngholm (Copenhagen, no. 3) made the neck band herself, as the original had long since disappeared.
- kattrynna reblogged this from operafantomet
- phantom-media likes this
- regularvoltaire29 reblogged this from operafantomet
- bematthe likes this
- inlovewelive-inlovewedie likes this
- hetspook reblogged this from operafantomet
- mlleempsychora likes this
- knowingwemustsaygoodbye reblogged this from msalanabloom
- loseyourprettycoloring reblogged this from operafantomet
- starkidginger likes this
- little-lotte-christine likes this
- nia-nita reblogged this from operafantomet
- msalanabloom reblogged this from operafantomet
- arqueete likes this
- operafantomet posted this