My favourite musicals:
1. Phantom of the Opera,
2. Next to Normal,
3. Which Witch,
5. Sunset Boulevard,
7. Kristina från Duvemåla,
8. Mary Poppins,
9. Sweeney Todd,
10. Les Miserables.
What can I say, I love the heavy, dramatic, no-nonsense sung-through mastodonts of the 70’s and 80’s. Next to Normal is a clear exception, and in my opinion one of the best things to happen to musical theatre in the last 10 years.
Very close to making it on the list: Book of Mormon, Matilda, The Producers, Singing in the Rain, A Little Night Music, A Chorus Line, Beauty and the Beast.
- queercosettes reblogged this from always-defying-gravity
- youcancallme-beesly reblogged this from operafantomet
- thewordstrappedinsidemyhead likes this
- allyourbigthings likes this
- isthereaworldyoulongtosee reblogged this from margaret-elise
- margaret-elise reblogged this from curiositykilledtheidiot
- curiositykilledtheidiot reblogged this from operafantomet
- lifeafterthemasquerade likes this
- littlelottie likes this
- mademoiselledechagny likes this
- soupery reblogged this from operafantomet
- bethwoodvilles likes this
- operafantomet posted this